Monday, April 23, 2007

Hey, are you a dreamer?



Man on the Train
: Hey, are you a dreamer?
Wiley: Yeah.
Man on the Train: I haven't seen too many around lately. Things have been tough lately for dreamers. They say dreaming is dead, no one does it anymore. It's not dead it's just that it's been forgotten, removed from our language. Nobody teaches it so nobody knows it exists. The dreamer is banished to obscurity. Well, I'm trying to change all that, and I hope you are too. By dreaming, every day. Dreaming with our hands and dreaming with our minds. Our planet is facing the greatest problems it's ever faced, ever. So whatever you do, don't be bored, this is absolutely the most exciting time we could have possibly hoped to be alive. And things are just starting...

So "philosophy group" watched a movie tonight. Waking Life, is the name of this movie. Now the animation is very very strange (it has a name, but I dont recall...it works like an Exquisite Corpse, for you artists and writers.) but its about this guy. Who falls into a dream and meets over 50 people who just rant at him. Feeding him philosophy that will last anywhere from 2 seconds to 20 minutes. Its a beautiful movie that really makes you question and appreciate.

Some questions the movie prompted for me:
-What are words? Why do we use them?
-"Man wants chaos" What is the nature of evil? Could we actually live without it?
- What should we "believe" in as far as reality?
-How do you determine who you are?
-Do actions always speak louder than words?

"Life understood is life lived."
-Waking Life-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey lisa.
I hope youre okay. Youve had some weird AMs up lately, and I would have IMed you except you make Marcus[my computer] have an asthma attack.

If you ever need anything, you know I'm here. I love you && I miss you. <3