Wednesday, February 6, 2008

I've been hanging onto nothing

When nothing could be worse than hanging on




Because...I now know you read this-

No. I dont hate you. I never actually did. At most I was hurt and felt abandoned and questioned "what did I do wrong?" however juvenile that might be. But hate is not a word that comes to mind.

The way I see it you could be doing worse. And if this is what actually makes you happy, who am I to judge? It's not what I ever expected and it's certainly not my ideal, but life has never been about ideals, now has it? Life goes on..and so do we. What other choice do we have?

I'm ready to move on now. I really mean it this time. I'm done mourning the creamy council and I'm looking for something new. I dont know what that is yet, who it is yet. I dont know where I'll find it(them) or how long it will take, but I'm okay with that.

Maybe its because I was able to walk my dog in a t-shirt in the middle of February and not be cold...maybe thats the reason I'm okay with things--really and surprisingly okay with them.

You see, the thing about global warming is that its going to happen. We, as human beings, the current dominant species, are terrified that global warming will bring an end to our dominance-possibly existence so we try to fight it by preventing it or at least slowing it down. But is this idea of stepping down really such a bad thing? I mean it has been going on for the past 4.5 billion years. Who are we to stop something as antiquated as change?

Today I read a story about a guy who keeps crickets in jars by his bed. Today I would let them go.

No comments: